Where I Keep Up.

The Wall Street Journal
"The Journal" is one of the largest news sources in the American circulation. It is not only known for its controversial viewpoints on important topics. Since 1889, news has been pouring out from the Financial District and Lower Manhattan, leading to over 37 Pulitzer Prizes today. From luxury and lifestyle stories, The Journal's news became available online in 1996. Via online is where I access my news from The Wall Street Journal.

The Palm Beach Post
Growing up in Delray Beach, Florida, The Palm Beach Post has been one of my main sources of news since I was a little kid. Whether it be for local events to do on the weekends, or crazy news stories about people I had met in my community, the PBP has always helped me stay involved. When I got to high school, I especially kept up with the Palm Beach Post through the high school sports section. My Flag Football coach would always make it imperative to get our names featured in the paper, which I thought was super special.

People Magazine
My love for celebrity culture has always been influenced by People Magazine. People has the largest audience of all magazines in the US. From stories about celebrity couples and sightings to unbelievable human interests, the magazine has been attracting readers since 1963. Personally, my favorite yearly issue is "World's Most Beautiful."

New York Times
"The Times" is best known for its astounding number of Pulitzer Prizes, 125 of them to be exact. The newspaper covers everything from business and travel to science and the arts. I, personally, enjoy checking in on the styles and home sections. Since 1851, the company has expanded into many different forms of news including the New York Times Magazine and its online edition, where I usually resort to getting my news.

Instagram
Although does not seem like a critically acclaimed, academic source of news, today's society has made it "normal" to receive news on social media sites. I feel that I find myself learning more about what is going on in the world from Instagram rather than some of my other news sources previously mentioned. People speak more freely about controversial topics such as politics on social media due to its ability to go "viral" and receive excessive feedback.

Comments

Popular Posts